• The applicant must be the producer and/or director and at least 18 years of age.
• The film must be feature length of no less than 70 minutes.*
• The film addresses a social issue of recognized significance.
• The film is commercially viable and capable of reaching a large audience.
• International projects must be a topic with global audience appeal, extending beyond the film’s location.
• The project must have IRS 501(c)(3) status or a Fiscal Sponsor.**
• Non-English language films are eligible but must have English subtitles.
• Student films are ineligible
• Completed films are ineligible.
*If you would like to submit a project with a format that differs from feature-length, please e-mail email@example.com for an approval to submit. Your e-mail must include the topic, logline, potential impact and rationale for your format length. If we feel your film project merits an extended review by our team, you will be invited to apply using our online submission page.
**A Fiscal Sponsor is an organization that qualifies as an IRS public charity 501 (c) (3) and can accept funds on your behalf. The funds are then re-distributed to your project, thus ensuring a tax-efficient transaction for the Film Fund. A Fiscal Sponsor is not needed to apply but will be required in order to receive funding.