2017 Frontier Fund
To bolster the commitment to one of our key programs of interest, Civics, The Rogovy Foundation’s Frontier Fund has chosen to distribute $50,000 among several non-profit organizations which strengthen public knowledge and transparency.
The Rogovy Foundation places great value on the “Fourth Estate,” and supports journalism’s essential role in a functioning democracy. Below are the organizations receiving grants.
Project Specific Funding:
- The Center for Responsive Politics — Speaking Freely, whose two earlier editions in book form were highly popular and published to critical acclaim, will be updated in a “film first” format. The project documents the influence of money in politics through first-hand accounts of those directly involved. OpenSecrets.org
General Operating Funding:
- The Center for Investigative Reporting — Seed funding for “The (Un)Scientific Method,” a new project whose mission is to uncover important stories about the powerful ways in which Washington and the new Administration negatively influence scientific innovation, research and decision making. RevealNews.org
- Project on Government Oversight — In addition to augmenting its investigative capacity, these funds will be used to expand their work to protect the ability of Federal Employees to speak out. pogo.org
- ProPublica — Pulitzer-prize winning independent, nonprofit newsroom that produces investigative journalism in the public interest. ProPublica.org
- The Center for Public Integrity — Reveals abuses of power, corruption and betrayal of public trust by powerful public and private institutions. Five CPI investigations were recently honored in three prestigious journalism competitions, including first prize for The Panama Papers. Publicintegrity.org
- Sunlight Foundation — Sunlight dedicates their effort and vision to use technology enabling more complete, equitable and effective democratic participation. SunlightFoundation.org
- Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics— CREW uses aggressive legal action, in-depth research, and bold communications to reduce the influence of money in politics and help foster a government that is ethical and accountable. CitizensForEthics.org
We’re very pleased to support these hard-working organizations during this important period.