We like crazy ideas.
The Frontier Fund supports ground-breaking ideas within the program areas of Education, Civics and the Environment. We seek transformative solutions that inspire and propel us toward a higher quality of life, in a world without borders.
We are a small foundation. Like angel investors, we provide seed capital to those who are in the early stage of developing their projects. We look for innovative ideas with huge impact potential. We fund proposals that are implementable and scalable.
As a new fund, our first grants will be awarded in 2016. Submissions are by invitation only. Each proposal is reviewed by a Selection Committee comprised of our Foundation Board members and officers. Inquiries are invited.
In Education, our mission is to strengthen the role of the Humanities. Appreciation of the Humanities balances our inner being in an increasingly materialistic world.
Our mission for Civics is to enhance the quality of our leadership, promoting transparency, integrity, and nobility. We long for the celebration of public heroes as role models.
For the Environment, our mission is to further our progress in resource sustainability and conservation. We would like to see our planet cared for like a precious jewel.
We are idealistic. To gain a sense for what type of projects might get our attention, please check our Ideals and Values.
Here’s a sampling of actions we would like to see funded:
• Strengthening appreciation of the Humanities in education.
• Raising the bar for quality in the Arts.
• Restoring teaching as a noble and rewarding profession.
• Bringing cost efficiency to higher education.
• Creating new rituals and/or ceremonies suited for a new era.
• Promoting ‘World Peace Through World Institutions.’
• Investing in public art and architecture.
• Reviving the celebration of public heroes.
• Working towards a borderless world.
• Reversing healthcare cost inflation.
• Enhancing environmental self-sufficiency technologies.
• Advancing our progress in conservation.
We aim to fund a few proposals with exciting potential. Each chosen submission is awarded a one-time only grant offered in an amount of between $5000 to $20,000. Due to the wide scope of our interests, our selection process will be a highly competitive one.
"We stand today on the edge of a New Frontier … the frontier of unknown opportunities and perils, the frontier of unfilled hopes and unfilled threats.
… Beyond that frontier are uncharted areas of science and space, unsolved problems of peace and war, unconquered problems of ignorance and prejudice, unanswered questions of poverty and surplus."
John F. Kennedy